The BEST Soft Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies (Vegan, Gluten-Free) – this easy and healthy recipe makes the perfect soft and moist pumpkin chocolate chip cookies!
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup 100% pumpkin puree
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (can sub with melted coconut oil)
- 1 flax egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips (can use more if desired and/or regular size chips)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, spices & salt). Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all the wet ingredients (pumpkin puree, coconut sugar, maple syrup, olive oil, flax egg & vanilla).
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture. Stir together until well mixed and no flour patches remain (a rubber spatula works best for mixing together). Fold in chocolate chips, if using.
- Use a cookie scoop (I use a 1 tablespoon scoop) to scoop cookie dough onto prepared baking sheet. Evenly space cookies apart. The cookies won’t spread much, so flatten cookies to desired thickness using a fork.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for about 10 minutes before transferring them onto a cooling rack to finish cooling. Cool completely before storing.
- For vegan chocolate chips, I like to use Enjoy Life Mini Chips
- Make sure all ingredients are room temperature before baking
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie
- Calories: 57
- Sugar: 3.5 g
- Sodium: 52.7 mg
- Fat: 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 9.5 g
- Fiber: 0.5 g
- Protein: 0.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: easy, healthy, pumpkin, pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, soft pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, vegan, gluten free