It’s finally fall, aka pumpkin spice season! This is my favorite time of year for cooking and baking. There’s so many wonderful fall flavors and not to mention how incredible they make the kitchen smell! I am obsessed with all things pumpkin and pumpkin spice flavored this time of year. So of course we had to kick off the fall season with a pumpkin spice recipe. Which brings us to these cookies. They are the BEST soft pumpkin chocolate chip cookies that are not only vegan, but gluten-free too!
These soft pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are so soft and moist and taste so delicious! Plus, the combination of pumpkin spice and chocolate is seriously the best! This recipe is not only easy to make, but healthy as well. These cookies are vegan, gluten-free, egg-free, naturally sweetened and come with no guilt so you can eat as many as your heart desires! I like to make a big batch of them and freeze some for later so I can enjoy them whenever I need my pumpkin spice fix.
Ingredients for The BEST Soft Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies (Vegan, Gluten-Free)
- Gluten-Free Flour
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 100% Pumpkin Puree
- Coconut Sugar
- Maple Syrup
- Olive Oil (can sub with coconut oil)
- Flax egg – see my recipe on how to make a flax egg
- Vanilla Extract
- Chocolate Chips (optional) – I like to use Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips
How to make The Best Soft Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies (Vegan, Gluten-Free)
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Mix wet ingredients.
In a large bowl, whisk together all the wet ingredients (pumpkin puree, coconut sugar, maple syrup, olive oil, flax egg & vanilla).
- Add dry mixture to wet mixture.
Then, add the dry mixture to the wet mixture. Stir until well mixed.
- Add in chocolate chips.
Fold in chocolate chips, if using.
- Scoop batter onto baking sheet.
Using a cookie scoop (I like to use a 1 tablespoon scoop), scoop batter onto prepared baking sheet. Since the cookies won’t spread much, flatten cookies to desired thickness.
Bake for 12-14 minutes.
Tips for storing
- For room temperature – store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- For refrigerator – store in container for 1-2 weeks. (cookies may get more firm doing this method)
- For freezer – store in a sealed freezer bag or container for 1-2 months. Allow to thaw for 10-20 minutes at room temperature.
Looking for other vegan pumpkin recipes? Here are a few ideas:Print
The BEST Soft Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies (Vegan, Gluten-Free) – this easy and healthy recipe makes the perfect soft and moist pumpkin chocolate chip cookies!
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup 100% pumpkin puree
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (can sub with melted coconut oil)
- 1 flax egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips (can use more if desired and/or regular size chips)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, spices & salt). Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all the wet ingredients (pumpkin puree, coconut sugar, maple syrup, olive oil, flax egg & vanilla).
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture. Stir together until well mixed and no flour patches remain (a rubber spatula works best for mixing together). Fold in chocolate chips, if using.
- Use a cookie scoop (I use a 1 tablespoon scoop) to scoop cookie dough onto prepared baking sheet. Evenly space cookies apart. The cookies won’t spread much, so flatten cookies to desired thickness using a fork.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for about 10 minutes before transferring them onto a cooling rack to finish cooling. Cool completely before storing.
- For vegan chocolate chips, I like to use Enjoy Life Mini Chips
- Make sure all ingredients are room temperature before baking
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie
- Calories: 57
- Sugar: 3.5 g
- Sodium: 52.7 mg
- Fat: 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 9.5 g
- Fiber: 0.5 g
- Protein: 0.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: easy, healthy, pumpkin, pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, soft pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, vegan, gluten free