Quick and simple healthy vegan grain-free rolls that are so soft and light and so delicious! These grain-free rolls are the best! You would not realize they’re vegan, gluten-free and egg-free! This recipe uses the Simple Mills Artisan Bread Mix to save you time on having to make bread from scratch. I love this bread mix, it’s one of my must-have pantry staples. Buying grain-free bread gets expensive, so I started making my own a few years ago. This mix is perfect for a quick & easy solution to making bread. It requires few ingredients and is super versatile!
Due to my health conditions, I had to switch to a gluten-free diet and limit grains when I could. However, buying gluten-free bread and especially grain-free bread from the store can be expensive! So I started making my own as a way to save some money. This Simple Mills bread mix is one of my favorites to use when I don’t have much time to make bread mix from scratch.
I love to make loaves of bread and rolls with this quick and easy vegan grain-free roll recipe. It can also be made egg-free, which is an added bonus! I like to use flax eggs as my egg substitute. I’ll eat these grain-free rolls with some almond butter on top for breakfast or make avocado toast with the loaf of bread. During the fall season, I like to spread my Vegan Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese on top.
Ingredients for quick and simple healthy vegan grain-free rolls
- Flax Eggs – see my recipe on how to make flax eggs
- Simple Mills Artisan Bread Mix
- Olive Oil
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Garlic Powder (optional – for garlic rolls)
HOW TO MAKE QUICK AND SIMPLE HEALTHY VEGAN GRAIN-FREE ROLLS
- Whisk ingredients.
Whisk flax eggs (or eggs if not vegan), water, and oil.
- Add baking mix.
Then, add baking mix and combine well.
- Add vinegar.
Add in apple cider vinegar. Stir until incorporated.
- Add batter to pan.
Then, spoon batter into 12 lightly greased muffin cups, filling each about 1/2 full. I like to use cut parchment paper in my muffin tin instead of greasing it.
Bake for 25 minutes. If desired, broil a few minutes at the end to brown the tops.
Tips for grain-free rolls
- For flax eggs – see my recipe on how to make flax eggs. I double this recipe to make 2 flax eggs.
- If using flax eggs, I recommend making the “eggs” before you start mixing the rest of the ingredients together. That way the flax eggs can thicken.
- For storing – they can be left at room temperature in an airtight container or you can freeze them.
- I like to freeze mine so they last longer. I wrap each roll or bread loaf in plastic wrap followed by tin foil and place them in a sealed freezer bag.
- For a step-by-step video, check out @berriesandtwigs on Instagram!
Looking for other vegan baking recipes? Here are a few ideas:
- Soft Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Healthy Pumpkin Oatmeal Muffins
- Hippie Munch – Easy & Healthy Granola
Quick and simple healthy vegan grain-free rolls – this recipe is perfect for a simple solution to making bread. It requires few ingredients & tastes so delicious!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Whisk flax eggs (or eggs), water & oil in a large bowl. Add baking mix. Combine well.
- Add vinegar and stir until incorporated.
- Spoon batter into 12 lightly greased muffin cups, filling each about 1/2 full.
- Bake for 25 minutes. If desired broil a few minutes at the end to brown tops.
- Serving Size: 1 Roll (dry mix only)
- Calories: 120
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 200 mg
- Fat: 7 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 12 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: grain free, vegan, rolls, bread, breakfast, gluten free