Fall is my time of year to bake (and eat) all things pumpkin and pumpkin spice. So having a breakfast option that’s not only healthy, but includes pumpkin is a must! These easy vegan and gluten-free pumpkin oatmeal muffins are the perfect combination of both. They are so soft and moist, subtly sweet, and packed with healthy ingredients.
This easy one bowl recipe is vegan, gluten-free, egg-free, naturally sweetened, and definitely not lacking on pumpkin flavor. These easy pumpkin oatmeal muffins make the perfect fall addition to any breakfast. Try spreading my Vegan Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese on top for some more added pumpkin flavor. I love to have one with my coffee for breakfast or even as a mid-day snack. I usually make a batch of these muffins and freeze them that way I can enjoy them longer. Oh, and I can’t forget to mention how incredible the kitchen smells while they are baking!
Ingredients for Easy Vegan and Gluten-Free Pumpkin Oatmeal Muffins
- 100% Pumpkin Puree
- Olive Oil (can sub with melted coconut oil)
- Coconut Sugar
- Maple Syrup
- Flax Eggs – see my recipe on how to make flax eggs
- Unsweetened Dairy-Free Milk (I use oat milk)
- Vanilla Extract
- Gluten-Free Flour (can sub with oat flour)
- Gluten-Free Rolled Oats
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Ground Cinnamon
How to make easy vegan and gluten-free pumpkin oatmeal muffins
- Add wet ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients.
- Whisk together.
Whisk together until just incorporated.
- Add batter to muffin pan.
Spoon batter evenly into muffin pan. Fill all the way to the top of each liner. The batter is thick and won’t spill over when baking.
Bake for 24-30 minutes.
Tips for storing
- For room temperature – store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- For freezer – store in a sealed freezer bag or container for 1-2 months. Allow to thaw for about 20-40 minutes at room temperature or heat in the microwave.
Looking for more vegan pumpkin recipes? Here are a few ideas:Print
Easy Vegan and Gluten-Free Pumpkin Oatmeal Muffins – this easy and healthy one bowl recipe makes the best moist pumpkin oatmeal muffins!
- 1 cup 100% pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup olive oil (can sub with melted coconut oil)
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 flax eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened dairy-free milk (I use oat milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups gluten-free flour (can sub with oat flour)
- 1 1/4 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Place cupcake liners in a 12-cup muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, add all the wet ingredients (pumpkin puree, olive oil, coconut sugar, maple syrup, flax eggs, milk, & vanilla). Whisk until incorporated.
- Next, add-in all the dry ingredients (flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon & salt). Whisk together until just incorporated.
- Spoon batter evenly into muffin pan. Fill all the way to the top of each liner. The batter is thick and won’t spill over when baking.
- Bake for 24-30 minutes.
- Allow muffins to cool in pan for about 20 minutes. Then, remove from pan and transfer onto a cooling rack to finish cooling. Allow muffins to cool completely before storing.
- To make flax eggs: 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal + 6 tablespoons water, whisk together & let sit for 15 minutes to thicken
- All ingredients should be room temperature before mixing everything together
- Serving Size: 1 Muffin
- Calories: 191
- Sugar: 5.3 g
- Sodium: 162.9 mg
- Fat: 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.9 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 31.9 g
- Fiber: 2.7 g
- Protein: 2.9 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: easy, healthy, pumpkin oatmeal muffins, breakfast, vegan, gluten free, easy pumpkin oatmeal muffins, one bowl, breakfast muffins